In this post, we will talk about 6 professions full of creativity. In addition, we will tell you the pros and cons of each one and the job opportunities they offer you.
1. Performing arts
In this degree, the techniques and tools necessary for the creation of artistic expression are studied. Also, ways of interpreting culture through theater, dance, and television are analyzed.
It is one of the most complete and versatile creative careers. Its curriculum includes subjects such as acrobatics, singing, acting, stage criticism, technical development of contemporary dance, and others.
In addition, a graduate with a Bachelor of Performing Arts can work in different fields of work. Some of his job opportunities are the following:
- Act in film, television, or theater.
- Create and design scripts.
- Produce audiovisual shows.
- Do circus arts.
✅ Advantages of studying Performing Arts
- You develop your skills by putting into practice what you have learned and bringing out your inner genius.
- The labor field is very wide and you can work for recognized audiovisual companies.
- It allows you to create a personal brand and work on your own as a freelance.
- A Bachelor of Performing Arts is considered one of the highest-paying creative careers.
❌ Disadvantages of studying Performing Arts
- Most of the universities that offer this career are very expensive.
- You may feel stuck and get discouraged. Therefore, you must build a strong personality and give color to those gray days!
Traditional and digital tools are used in photography to create visual products. The professional develop the critical and analytical capacity of his environment and captures his reality in images.
If you study photography you will know the history of the discipline and the language of an image. In addition, the study program includes training in the use of analog and digital cameras, photomontage, retouching, and photographic design.
Without a doubt, this is one of the most booming creative professions today, since we all love to post good photos on Instagram and videos for TikTok. Therefore, the labor field is wide and you can find work in:
- Advertising agencies.
- The staff of artists.
- Your own photo studio.
✅ Advantages of studying Photography:
- It is one of the best careers for creative people as you have the freedom to decide what you want to do.
- This profession gives you the opportunity to travel the world, meet new people and make great contacts.
- Your creativity will not be kept in a drawer. Rather, it will be etched forever and will be recognized for many generations.
❌ Disadvantages of studying Photography:
- There is a lot of competition, so you have to make yourself noticed!
- Photographic equipment is very expensive and therefore getting started can be a challenge.
3. Film direction
The profession consists of studying and learning everything related to the seventh art and audiovisual media. You will learn everything you need to write a script, build a narrative, and direct the staging to film the best movies.
A film director must have a solid theoretical base to be able to put it into practice. For this reason, some of the subjects of the career are musical settings, film genres, production, editing, and audiovisual production.
Are you interested? The job opportunities for this profession are:
- Create your own audiovisual companies.
- Production of short films and feature films.
- TV channels.
- Design and production of series and movies for Netflix, or for television.
✅ Advantages of studying Film Direction:
- It is one of the creative professions in which your ideas are valued in your work.
- The industry operates globally. This allows you to get a job in any country.
- It is a multidisciplinary profession where photography, art, literature, and music will make your inventiveness take off like a rocket.
- It is at the top of the highest-paid creative careers.
❌ Disadvantages of studying Film Direction:
- You don’t start out working as a film director. The first thing is to work in a junior position.
- Fame and industry recognition is slow in coming.
4. Advertising and Public Relations
The professional in Advertising and Public Relations takes an idea to a group of people in order to lead them towards the purchase of goods and/or services. Therefore, they are trained in the design, production, and management of advertising communication.
It is one of the creative careers with the greatest impact thanks to how essential it is for a company to create a good marketing campaign. For this reason, some of the subjects of this profession are journalistic writing, graphic art, and reportage, among others.
In addition, the range of job opportunities is what most captivates about this profession. You can work in:
- Production houses.
- Advertising agencies.
- Marketing departments.
✅ Advantages of studying Advertising and Public Relations:
- It is one of the highest-paid creative careers. In this profession, you earn up to $995 per month (depending on your experience).
- It allows you to work in different fields, so having fun jobs is possible!
- You learn to handle moments of crisis, manage digital platforms and produce advertising events.
❌ Disadvantages of studying Advertising and Public Relations:
- There are not many universities that offer this career.
- The means for advertising campaigns are constantly advancing and staying up to date requires constant effort.
Marketing is not just a trend. In fact, it is considered one of the university careers of the future, since it is an essential discipline in any company. His program of study includes inventory management, business intelligence, and advertising effectiveness evaluation.
As if that were not enough, there are many job opportunities for a marketing professional. So more young people decide for her every time. The most requested positions are:
- Production or brand manager.
- Sales Supervisor.
- Market analyst.
- Business advisor.
- Independent consultor.
✅ Advantages of studying Marketing:
- It has a wide job opportunities, so you won’t be short of work!
- It is considered one of the most creative careers because it allows inventiveness to be combined with hard data to create effective strategies.
- It is a great opportunity for entrepreneurial minds, as they can work on their own.
❌ Disadvantages of studying Marketing:
- If you are shy, you have to let go of those chains, because this profession needs a lot of social relationships.
- You face many stressful situations due to the competitiveness of the market.
6. UX Design
This is one of the creative careers that is a perfect balance between design and technology. UX design works to improve the user experience while browsing or interacting on mobile applications or web pages.
The professional is in charge of designing and creating innovative digital solutions with the aim of making the user experience pleasant. If a user is happy, companies can sell more easily.
In this career, you will learn to understand your users. In addition, you will study programming languages, graphic interface design, and prototypes. Upon completion of the program, you will be able to work in one of these job areas:
- Digital innovation areas.
- Advertising agencies.
- Companies that create software and apps.
- Digital media startups and incubators.
- Technological innovation centers.
✅ Advantages of studying UX design:
- It is one of the creative careers that will prevail in time, as the world is increasingly focusing on the digital realm.
- There are few professionals in UX interactive media design and, therefore, the salaries are very good.
- The demand for labor increases and it is very likely to find a job quickly.
❌ Disadvantages of studying UX design:
- It is not a very common profession and not all universities have it in their academic offer.
- To work independently, you will have to wait a while to make a name for yourself in the field.